How much does AR cost
How much does AR cost depends of:
- preparatory work,
- production part,
- completion of production.
includes the creation of the concept and terms of reference, work on the analysis of the problem and the selection of a solution for this problem. For the implementation of all stages different specialists are involved: in implementation, business analytics, creative solutions.
Consists of two big areas – content and functionality. The production scenario depends on the chosen approach and implementation format.
An AR application can be implemented as an application for an Android, iOS or Windows-based smartphone, as well as a web page or PC application.
Mobile or PC applications are usually developed using Unity and Unreal Engine. Web applications are usually developed using Web GL, Open CV or Framework (e.g. Apol).
How much does AR cost can depend of how many integrations you need:
- AR-mode and the chosen solution on the basis of which this mode works (graphical marks, plane recognition, object recognition or pseudo-AR formats – “gluing” an object to the camera in a certain place);
- interface – interactive elements that are present in the virtual scene;
content delivery system, through which you can update the content without having to rebuild and not putting the
- application in the stores every time over again (content in the application can be managed through the admin panel, which is associated with the application via API);
- other third-party services (push notifications, etc.)
The final stage
include launching and maintaining the app. This includes publishing the app to the Google Play Market and AppStore and all work related to service support: keeping the app running, updating the code of the app itself and related services.
The work in all areas is made up of the amount of man-hours required to implement the necessary functionality, as well as:
- application prototyping and design;
- user interface layout;
- modeling three-dimensional objects and their animation,
- setting up the scene (assembly, determining the relative position of objects, setting up objects, materials, lighting, etc.).
How much does AR cost:
- simple applications – from $5,000 (for example, promotional applications/stands – about $10,000 to $12,000);
- Exposition applications (where we supplement real objects with augmented reality, bring them to life) – from $6,000 per scene (with a large number of scenes the cost per scene will be less);
- game applications (for example, a single-player game with a long session and a user scenario) – from $10,000 (more complex versions, upgradable and involving the addition of new scenarios – from $20,000);
- business game applications (quests for events, etc.) – from $8,000
- applications with AR navigation – from $20,000
- Applications with integration of GPS and game mechanics (like Pokemon Go) – starting from $75,000
Timeline for augmented reality application development:
- simple applications – from 10 days,
- Exposure applications – 10 to 20 days per scene,
- applications with AR navigation – from 3 to 7-8 months,
- applications with integration of GPS and game mechanics – from 4 to 12 months.